We were thrilled to receive a 2014 GGAR Revitalization Award for the Swamp Rabbit Inn in downtown Greenville, SC. We took an old house that was being used for commercial office space in Greenville’s historic West End and converted it into a six bedroom European style, bike-friendly bed and breakfast. Opening in June of 2014 we have had an awesome stream of guests from all over the world!
You see our before and after pictures by clicking on the links below. Book you stay with us today!
Swamp Rabbit Inn Before Photos:
Swamp Rabbit Inn After Photos:
So much going on in downtown Greenville SC during the Holiday Season! Here is a list of some of our favorite Christmas events in the Upstate of SC.
Downtown Greenville Holiday Happenings
December 5 -7th at the Peace Center!
**Just Released **
Greenville SC has some of the best cycling in the country! This 146 page guidebook will give you the routes for 20 of the best rides in Greenville SC. Whether you are looking for rolling hills, steep climbs, flat bike paths or mountain bike tracks this book has something for everyone. Leaders from the vibrant cycling community in Greenville SC have contributed their favorite rides including cycling superstar, George Hincapie, who wrote the forward.
Wendy Lynam, owner of the Swamp Rabbit Inn, originally set out to compile a list of rides for guests of her 6 bedroom, bike friendly inn in downtown Greenville SC. In the process, this guidebook came to life! We hope that you find it useful and enjoy exploring our beautiful area on two wheels. Happy riding!
Get your copy today for $14.95
Swamp Rabbit Inn is featured in Atlanta Velo City Magazine on pp. 7-8. Click the pic above to read the article.
Economic Benefits of Rails to Trails Projects Featuring the Swamp Rabbit Trail in Greenville and Travelers Rest SC
Great video here by the Friends of the Ecusta Trail in Brevard and Hendersonville NC. We hope this trail becomes a reality for these communities! Come visit Greenville SC, stay with us and experience the Swamp Rabbit Trail right out our front door … #BikeInnBikeOut
Last night we had a great turnout for the #SRTartparty at the inn hosted by Kathleen King. “The Runner” was revealed and is the second installment of art along the Swamp Rabbit Trail. The gathering was to build awareness and support for more public art along the trail that connects downtown Greenville SC to Furman University and Travelers Rest SC.
Learn more about the public art movement along the trail here and check out the limited edition cycling jerseys “Tortoise Has a Spare” on sale now while supplies last! Proceeds from the sale of the jerseys will go to more art on the trail. Stay tuned for more events and we invite everyone to get involved with this art movement on the trail!
Get on the invite list for more #SRTartparty events and learn more about the movement here.
Well Fall 2014 is officially here and judging from the 60 degree temperature this morning and the cool breeze this evening we’re going with it!! We’ve hung the Autumn bike wheel wreath on the front door and put out the mums on the front porch. Fall is a great time to visit Greenville SC and here are our top 10 reasons:
1) The best temperatures for enjoying our beautiful countrysides with mountain views, lovely leaf color and big blue skies either by bike or on two feet with miles of trails in the area in our State Parks, bike lanes or the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Here are some Autumn biking tips.
2) Fall for Greenville a lively street festival in the heart of downtown Greenville SC , October 10-12
3) Spinx Run Fest 5K, 10K, Half-marathon and Full-marathon October, 25 at Flour Field
4) Hincapie Gran Fondo October 25th, 15, 50 and 80 mile routes through the beautiful rolling hills in the Upstate. Ride with the pros of the past, present and future and celebrate after the ride at George Hincapie’s boutique hotel, Hotel Domestique.
5) The 2nd Annual Craft Beer Festival on November 8th at Flour Field.
6) Euro Auto Festival at BMW Zentrim in Spartanburg October 17-18
7) Open Studios November 8 – 9 tour open artist’s studios throughout Grenville County sponsored by the Metropolitan Arts Council
8) Oktoberfest October 1 – 4 at NOMA Square in front of the Hyatt Hotel
9) Cranksgiving Weekend – Paris Mountain Downhill Race November 21 – 23
10) Boo in the Zoo October 17-26 in the Greenville Zoo
Check out our newest property north of Greenville between Furman University and Travelers Rest at the base of Paris Mountain close to the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Click here to view the Furman Cottage.
[Tweet “Check out the latest property offered by @swamprabbitinn – The Furman Cottage”]