Economic Benefits of Rails to Trails Projects Featuring the Swamp Rabbit Trail in Greenville and Travelers Rest SC
Great video here by the Friends of the Ecusta Trail in Brevard and Hendersonville NC. We hope this trail becomes a reality for these communities! Come visit Greenville SC, stay with us and experience the Swamp Rabbit Trail right out our front door … #BikeInnBikeOut
Last night we had a great turnout for the #SRTartparty at the inn hosted by Kathleen King. “The Runner” was revealed and is the second installment of art along the Swamp Rabbit Trail. The gathering was to build awareness and support for more public art along the trail that connects downtown Greenville SC to Furman University and Travelers Rest SC.
Learn more about the public art movement along the trail here and check out the limited edition cycling jerseys “Tortoise Has a Spare” on sale now while supplies last! Proceeds from the sale of the jerseys will go to more art on the trail. Stay tuned for more events and we invite everyone to get involved with this art movement on the trail!
Get on the invite list for more #SRTartparty events and learn more about the movement here.
Well Fall 2014 is officially here and judging from the 60 degree temperature this morning and the cool breeze this evening we’re going with it!! We’ve hung the Autumn bike wheel wreath on the front door and put out the mums on the front porch. Fall is a great time to visit Greenville SC and here are our top 10 reasons:
1) The best temperatures for enjoying our beautiful countrysides with mountain views, lovely leaf color and big blue skies either by bike or on two feet with miles of trails in the area in our State Parks, bike lanes or the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Here are some Autumn biking tips.
2) Fall for Greenville a lively street festival in the heart of downtown Greenville SC , October 10-12
3) Spinx Run Fest 5K, 10K, Half-marathon and Full-marathon October, 25 at Flour Field
4) Hincapie Gran Fondo October 25th, 15, 50 and 80 mile routes through the beautiful rolling hills in the Upstate. Ride with the pros of the past, present and future and celebrate after the ride at George Hincapie’s boutique hotel, Hotel Domestique.
5) The 2nd Annual Craft Beer Festival on November 8th at Flour Field.
6) Euro Auto Festival at BMW Zentrim in Spartanburg October 17-18
7) Open Studios November 8 – 9 tour open artist’s studios throughout Grenville County sponsored by the Metropolitan Arts Council
8) Oktoberfest October 1 – 4 at NOMA Square in front of the Hyatt Hotel
9) Cranksgiving Weekend – Paris Mountain Downhill Race November 21 – 23
10) Boo in the Zoo October 17-26 in the Greenville Zoo
Check out our newest property north of Greenville between Furman University and Travelers Rest at the base of Paris Mountain close to the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Click here to view the Furman Cottage.
Attention Foodies!! You will definitely want to put Civil Society SC on your radar to experience some truly outstanding cuisine prepared by top-rated, celebrity chefs and enjoy a well planned dining experience with a great group of fellow diners.
Last night we experience #500Years of Cuisine in American and sampled boiled peanut gazpacho, a gourmet TV dinner and meteor mousse. Delicious and fun!
We were greeted with a signature Manhattan style cocktail with #Casaamigos tequila (see recipe below).
— The Civil Society (@CivilSocietySC) September 15, 2014
Had the honor of meeting and hosting Chef Ben Vaughn who stayed at the inn! Wonderful to add Chef Ben to the ever growing list of celebrities who grace us with their presence.
The really exciting news of the evening was that an additional 7 tower gardens were sponsored last night for the Rooftop Garden Initiative of Mill Village Farms. The work and dedication of Will Morin and Dan Weidenbenner to launch this new rooftop garden is so inspiring. Look up the next time you are at the northeast corner of Washington and Main in downtown Greenville SC and see the growth of the rooftop farm, literally!! Contributors will get a special dinner cooked for them by celebrity chefs Simon Madjumdar and Ben Vaughn in early November!
Here are some more pictures from the evening.
Looking for more great Foodie Fests? Check out #Euphoria2014 coming to downtown Greenville, SC this weekend,September 18-21, 2014. Book a room with us! You never know who might be staying at the inn …
Six inspired courses with time honored pairings from the Early 1700’s through the envisioned 23rd Century America!
Ever wonder what the settlers of our amazing country ate way back when? What about during the “war of northern aggression” & the progressive era?
Ever watch Star Trek and think – what are they eating in space in the 23rd century?
COME JOIN US AS WE EXPLORE THE…
CULINARY HISTORY OF AMERICA: Pre-Revolutionary War 1700s thru the 23rd Century!
Purchase Tickets: 6 courses & drink pairings for $105
An event to benefit the new downtown Greenville SC rooftop farm!
Bands have been announced for this year’s Fall For Greenville street festival in downtown Greenville, SC. Book your room with us and walk downtown to enjoy the bands, food, and fun!
Really happy to talk with Yahoo Travel about visiting Greenville SC for last minute summer getaways featured on the Today Show #yeahTHATgreenville