In consideration of the monies received and the mutual promises contained herein, the owner (Owner) of the subject property (The Property) at 1 Logan Street, Greenville, SC 29601 hereby agrees to give a license to use the Property to the undersigned, (herein referred to as Licensee), on the property and dates described in the confirmation email letter and under the conditions stated herein.
1. Check-in Time: Check-in begins at 4:00 PM. The check-in procedure is provided as an attachment to your confirmation email.
2. Check-out time: Checkout is NO LATER than 11:00 AM on the departure date. A late check out fee of $50 per half hour over will be charged against your security deposit unless late check out has already been approved by owner. Checkout procedure is provided as an attachment to your confirmation email.
3. Reservation Deposit/Payment: A “Reservation Deposit” of 50% of the reservation total (excluding security deposit) to hold an advance reservation is required. If the reservation is cancelled 60 days prior to arrival date a full refund of the deposit will be issued. If cancelled 30 days prior to the arrival date a 50% refund of the deposit will be issued. No refund of the deposit will be issued if cancelled less than 30 days prior to the arrival date. The Balance is due 48 hours prior to your arrival date. If it is less than 48 hours prior to your arrival date at the time the reservations is made, then the balance is due in full when Owner accepts your reservation. Visa, MasterCard and Discover card and are the only forms of payment accepted. If more than one paying Licensee, each Licensee shall be individually and completely responsible for the performance of all obligations under this agreement, jointly and individually with every other licensee.
4. Security Deposit: Licensee hereby grants consent for Owner to charge the provided credit card a $200 refundable security deposit 1 to 7 days prior to your arrival. If Owner is unable to charge the deposit you acknowledge that your License to use the property will be revoked without refund. You hereby grant consent for Owner to charge your credit card in any amount of actual damages to the Property arising from your use of the Property, as well as for missing items, excessive cleanup, and, if necessary, the cost incurred in removing you from the Property. You agree to leave the property in the condition as found less normal wear and tear. Note: the oven must be left clean, the BBQ grill cleaned and dishes, pots, pans and utilities cleaned and put away with the dishwasher loaded and running, beds stripped and sheets and towels put in laundry room.
5. Property Inspections: All problems, including inadequate cleaning and damage, must be reported in writing (email is acceptable at firstname.lastname@example.org) to Owner within 24 hours of check-in for prior guest to be held responsible. Owner and/or Owner’s agents reserves the right to enter premises at any time for the purpose of effecting necessary inspections, repairs or maintenance.
6. Notification: It is Licensee’s sole responsibility to inspect the Property upon arrival. Licensee agrees to inspect the entire Property to ensure that it is free of hazards, and properly equipped. Licensee assumes the entire risk of injuries arising from use of the Property by Licensee and Licensee’s guests.
7. Occupancy: The maximum number of occupants allowed in the Property is 16 persons. Children over the age of 3 are counted. Overcrowding or misrepresentation as to the guests is grounds for immediate revocation of the license to the Property, and removal of Licensee without refund. The Licensee is the person who will occupy the Property. Parents may not book Properties for their children. The Licensee must be present at the Property for the time of the reservation, and take full responsibility for the Property. Small children are the responsibility of the Licensee. The Properties are not necessarily “child safe.” Children should not roam free on decks; climb on furniture; hang out of windows; or engage in other unsupervised activities. The coffee table and dining table are glass and extra caution should be taken to avoid damage or injury. Licensee takes full responsibility for all lost or broken items, and any damages to the Property of any kind.
8. Restrictions on Property Use: Licensees are prohibited from engaging in any unlawful activity or any other activity that constitutes a nuisance. Violation of this provision will result in immediate eviction without refund, and licensee will be held liable for any damages to the Property, contents and grounds. The Owner requires Licensee to be legally and financially responsible persons over the age of 21. The person making the reservation MUST check-in and stay at the unit the entire duration of the reservation. NO PARTIES are PERMITTED without the prior written consent of Owner; this includes occupancy greater than that on the reservation list and any excessive noise at any time day or night. Violators will be removed from the Property immediately, and prosecuted for damages and losses. Licensee shall make no alterations in or about the premises including, but not limited to, moving furniture, painting, wallpapering, adding or changing locks, installing antennas, placing signs, displays or exhibits, or using screws, fastening devices, large nails or adhesive materials. Parking is restricted to 7 vehicles, which must be parked in the driveway or carport or on the grass close to the driveway. No RV’s or camping trailers are permitted.
9. Pets: Pets are allowed on the property if prior approval from the owner is obtained. Violation of the pet stipulation is grounds for immediate removal without refund.
10. Smoking Prohibited: The property is a nonsmoking property and any form of smoking is prohibited inside the property. Violation of the No Smoking policy is grounds for immediate removal without refund.
11. Personal Property Loss: Licensees are solely responsible for personal property left in or about the Property. Owner shall not be held liable under any circumstances for any damages to, or loss of property.
12. Cancellations and Changes in Reservations: Cancellations must be made 30 or more days prior to scheduled arrival in writing. There is no Cancellation fee for all cancellations made within the cancellation period. If a reservation is cancelled with less than 10 days notice you will forfeit all monies and be responsible for the full rental amount unless the Property is re-rented for the entire length of the stay and at full price in which case there will be a 10% cancellation fee or $200, whichever is greater. If you are a “no-show,” you will forfeit the full amount of the rental. We do not give credit for early departures or for inclement weather. If a change in reservation is requested, Owner will make reasonable effort to accommodate the change, and assess the appropriate cancellation fee as stated above. You hereby grant consent for Owner to charge your credit card for the balance of any fees due.
13. Subletting and Assignment: Licensee may not sublet, sublicense or otherwise grant any rights to the Property. Licensee may not assign the agreement without Owner’s prior written consent.
14. Rental Policy on Privacy: In order to improve the rental experience for all Guests and to preserve the standard of quality established by the Agent/Owners, all Guests are reviewed using www.guestchecker.com. This contract may be canceled based on the results of this search. At any time during, before, or after your stay, your information may be shared with www.guestchecker.com.
15. Attorney’s Fees: If Owner consults legal counsel or a professional collection service, for collecting any amounts due to Owner under this Agreement, licensee shall be responsible for all costs of litigation and/or collection in case of such, including actual attorney’s fees.
16. Limitations on Rental: Owner will not be liable for circumstances beyond their control, including, but not limited to, appliances or air-conditioning/heating failure, other mechanical failure, unfavorable weather, disruption of utility services including cable television, etc. There will be no relocation, rental pro-ration or refund in the event of such circumstances. In the event Owner is unable to deliver the Property to Licensee because of property sale, property owner decision, fire, hurricane mandatory evacuation, published road closure due to a hurricane, eminent domain or Acts of Nature, or if the property is unavailable because of construction delays or lack of utilities, Licensee agrees that Owner’s sole liability, as a result of any of these conditions, will be a full refund of all payments tendered by Licensee. Licensee and Owner agree that in case of inadvertent double booking or occupancy by Owner in preparation for a hurricane, Licensee will be ONLY entitled to a full refund of all monies previously tendered by Licensee or in the alternative to an alternate rental period at the discretion of Licensee. If Owner is able to relocate Licensee, Licensee agrees to pay the difference in rental amount, should Licensee accept alternate accommodations. Licensee expressly acknowledges that in no event will Owner be held liable for any other condition out of the control of the Owner, or for any incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to, expenses that result from moving or for any other losses.
17. Tenancy: The Licensee acknowledges that this is NOT a tenancy for the Property. The Property is not rented for more than 30 days, and is taxed and treated as a transient occupancy, akin to hotel accommodations. Property laws do not apply to the license granted herein, and the Licensee may be removed as a trespasser immediately upon termination of this license. The Property is rented on regular short-term periods, and for a significantly higher rate than a non-vacation rental. Often a licensee is scheduled to begin a vacation in the Property on the same day as the checkout day of the prior licensee. If Licensee stays even one additional day (“Holdover”), Owner would face significant logistical problems with the next licensee, including possible liability. As such, Licensee agrees to vacate immediately on the check-out day, at 11:00 a.m. Failure to do so will entitle Owner, in addition to all other remedies available to it, to: have Licensee ejected as trespasser; and to physically remove Licensee and all of Licensee’s possessions from the Property, for which Licensee hereby grants permission and consent; and obtain damages and injunctive relief against Licensee.
18. Indemnification: Licensee agrees to release and indemnify Owner from and against all liability should anyone be injured upon the premises during the term of occupancy, resulting from any cause whatsoever, except in the case of personal injury cause by willful gross negligence on the part of the Owner.
19. Owner Changes: Every effort is made to ensure all information on the web site and other documentation is accurate and complete. However, Owner is not liable for errors, omissions, mistakes, price changes and any changes by the Owner in furnishings, equipment, bed arrangements and other accommodations.
20. Effective Date: Not withstanding any other assurance to the contrary, this Occupancy Agreement is not binding or effective until digitally signed by Licensee, and accepted by Owner as evidenced by Owner’s acceptance of deposit payment.
21. Governing Law: The terms and conditions stated herein will be interpreted by and governed under the laws of the State of Texas and any action arising out of this agreement shall be litigated in the city of Galveston, State of Texas.
22. Invalid Provisions: If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under present or future laws effective during the term hereof, such provision shall be fully severable and this Agreement shall be construed and enforced as if such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision had never comprised a part hereof; and the remaining provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected by the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision or by it’s severance hereof. Furthermore, in lieu of such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision there shall be added automatically as a part of the Agreement a provision as similar in terms to such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision as may be possible and still be legal, valid, or enforceable.
23. Entire Agreement: This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior agreements or understandings, whether written or oral, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No amendment or modification hereto shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
24. Waiver: The waiver by either party hereto of a breach of any term or provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of a subsequent breach of same provision by any party or of the breach of any other term or provisions of this Agreement.
25. Headings: Headings of the paragraphs herein are used solely for convenience and shall not be used for interpretation or construing any word, clause, paragraph or provision of this Agreement. A copy of this agreement will be emailed to you for your records.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE ON THIS WEB SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.
You must be 21 years of age to book this property. Any bookings made through the web site are pending until they are accepted by the Owner. A signed and completed copy of the registration list that includes a clearly legible copy of the Licensee’s driver’s license must be received within 3 days of the owner accepting your reservation. Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of your reservation without refund at Owner’s sole discretion.